Dołączył: 23 Mar 2011
Przeczytał: 0 tematów
|Wysłany: Pią 11:56, 25 Mar 2011 Temat postu: Abusive Relationship - 8 Reasons You Haven't Left
You know from the core of your being that living in an abusive relationship is not good...not healthy...outright destructive. But you struggle with leaving. And those that know of your circumstances remain perplexed as to why you just don't go.
I understand and so do the millions of others who have walked in your shoes. The following 8 reasons why people remain in abusive relationships might give you some compassion toward yourself and some clarity with respect to your predicament.
1) You hope, wish and truly want your partner to change.
2) You consciously, and unconsciously, have shouldered fault for his/her battering behavior.
3) You have limited resources and question your ability to carry-on on your own.
4) There are children involved and you know it will be harder being his/her ex (the enemy) than it is being his/her partner and alleged "friend."
5) You think it is your "Job" to keep the family together till "death due us part."
6) Your family, and his/her family, wants you to keep the elephant under the carpet at all cost.
7) In your mind, you are not a "battered woman" or an "abused man"...the title is beyond your wildest dreams about yourself.
YET you know from the core of your being that the moment you leave the danger you currently know will escalate, significantly.
Leaving an abusive relationship is not as easy as one my think as an outsider looking in. So allow all of your misgivings about doing so come to the surface and sort them out one by one.
You are not alone. Your exit is not simple. But in the long run once out of an abusive relationship, you will breath a sigh of relief and glow from the core of your being.
For us, Halloween was here. Some of the older folks were concerned about tomorrow night, which was really Halloween night. We had been told, "Tomorrow night you are not leaving this house." The story was the same with all of us. There was a conspiracy among the older folks. They had it in their heads to spoil our tricking, but our plans were already made, and we had taken what our folks had said into account. We would do our tricking on this night, the night before Halloween and forget about the treats of tomorrow night.Our plan was for all of us to get out of the house as quickly as we could after supper. If your folks raised suspicions, then you were to sneak out before supper. After all, what is a meal missed when the fun of Halloween was about to begin?
Just before supper, Wizzer gave our signal then hollered for me from outside the kitchen door just like we had planned. Mom never could say no to Wizzer. I had never told Wizzer about this,Coogi Jeans Men, but one day I had heard Mom say that she felt sorry for him, what with him being a change of life baby and all. It wasn't my intent to spy on her. This particular conversation was overheard at one of her gabfests with her friend Julia. I was only trying to do what I had been trying to do with no luck at all for as long as I could remember. Namely, it was to see Mrs. Wetzel sleeping and doing something that took some watching and being careful. Just now, they was pitting and peeling peaches and getting them ready for canning.
Post został pochwalony 0 razy